Check out Part 1 of my swatches and review HERE!!
Check out Part 2 of my swatches and review HERE!!
Hi everyone! I got in the whole 12 piece China Glaze Color Is Magic “My Little Pony” Collection today. I had to do some quick bottle shots, swatch sticks and my first impressions for you guys! I hope to get the whole collection swatched on my fingers by the weekend, so watch out for that!! I have a lot of pictures for you today!
China Glaze Color Is Magic “My Little Pony” Collection.
This collection consists of:
- 5 creme/crelly’s
- 2 shimmers (these may be hidden, I’ll know more once I swatch for real and add topcoat). One of the shimmers is a neon that dries matte
- 1 linear holographic!!
- 2 sheer shimmer toppers. 1 of them is a duo chrome
- 2 jelly based glitter bombs
My first thoughts from swatching on the wheel:
- The creme/crellys have great formulas. They did not seem to be streaky or difficult to apply. Some of them were also pretty opaque even at just one coat.
- The possible hidden shimmers also seem really easy to apply. The aqua one may be a one coater even. The bright, neon pink may be one of my favorites from the collection!
- The silver linear holographic! I’m just so happy to see a holographic polish from a mainstream company again! This seems much more holo than say the China Glaze Hologlam Collection from a few years ago, but maybe not as holo as the old OMG Collection. I will try to do a comparison of the three of those when I do my swatches.
- The sheer shimmer toppers. I don’t think these will build up to be opaque, but maybe the white/golden one would if you don’t mind some visible nail line. The blue/purple is a duo chrome. It is very sheer and will need to be layered. It looks gorgeous though!!
- The jelly glitters were kind of syrup-y. I added a bit of clear nail polish after doing my swatch wheel, so when I do the actual swatches I will see if that made any difference. They are packed with glitter so may be a bit tougher to remove as well.
Of course swatching on a swatch wheel and painting actual finger nails can be much different. I will update my thoughts as needed when I get to the actual post in a few days.
Now, onto some photos!! That’s what you’re really here for, right??!!
Here is the whole collection. These were taken in the light box…
The whole collection with flash…
Half of the collection without flash…
I swatched two coats of each color on a clear swatch wheel. Here’s a look at that in various lighting.
Inside sun through a window…
Both of these are outside in the sun…
Inside in the shade and outside n the shade…
Outside in indirect sun…
Here are individual bottle shots…
So what do you think? Any must haves so far? Let me know in the comments!
Well, there we have it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
The polish in this post is from my own collection and was purchased by me.
©2017 RealPolishFanatic / All Rights Reserved
If you like what you see,
please take a second to push the
“Like” button at the bottom of the post
and follow me so you never miss an entry!
About Me & My Blog
My blog is a beauty based blog, specifically about Nail Polish: Nail Polish swatches, Nail Polish comparisons, Nail Polish collections, my Manicure of the Day. All content and photos are my own property and cannot be used without my express written consent.
My name is Paula and I live in California right now with my hubby of many years and Chico my “baby”. You will see him featured periodically at the end of a post (the dog, not the hubby).🙂
I would love to hear from you!