Hey everyone! I have a treat for you today! Here are real live bottle shots and swatch wheel swatches of the next OPI collection, XOXO for Holiday 2017! There are 12 polishes in this collection and I will get right to it! I am not affiliated with OPI.
The OPI 2017 Holiday Collection XOXO consists of 12 polishes. Here are my first thoughts from painting the swatch wheel. The bottle shots are with flash.
- Adam said “It’s New Year’s, Eve”- I love the play on words with this name! This is a medium red crelly. I’m not the best at always knowing if something is warm or cool, but this hits me as being blue based.
- Coalmates – This is a gray based creme with a lot of blue shimmer and a subtle scattered holo glitter.
- Feel the Chemis-tree – This is one of my favorites! In the bottle it reminds of the old school OPI duo chromes like Black Tie Optional. It’s a deep purple with red to gold shifting shimmer. Pretty!!
- Gift of Gold Never Gets Old – This is a light gold with silver shimmer and maybe a touch of very subtle holo shimmer.
- Holidazed Over You – I thought this was black from the bottle, but it’s a deep, dark navy blue jelly. 2 coats really blackens it up on the swatch wheel, we’ll have to see if it reads blue at all once on the nail.
- My Wish List is You – This one is more of an orange-y red jelly. Really smooth and squishy but may be translucent once on the nail, we will see with the real swatches.
- Ornament to Be Together – This is a silver foil with scattered holo shimmer.
- Sending You Holiday Hugs – This is another favorite. It’s a berry base with red to gold shimmer. Nice and glowy!
- Snow Glad I Met You – This is a champagne white creme with really fine multi shimmer. We’ll have to see if that shimmer translates to the nails.
- The Color That Keeps On Giving – This is a baby pink sister to Snow Glad I Met You. It has the same fine multi shimmer with a pale, baby pink creme base.
- Top the Package with a Beau – Another favorite. This is a dark gray creme base with gold flakes. I think with multiple coats it will start to look more black than gray, but we will see.
- Wanna Wrap? – this is a deep, dark eggplant purple jelly. Another one that may end up looking black on the nail, but I will let you know for sure when I do the nail swatches.
And here are the swatch wheels.
First up is just 1 coat of each polish in the same order as the bottle shots above (alphabetically, with an empty space for Ornament For You which I was missing from my package).
Inside with flash…
And here is 2 coats of each polish in the same order as above.
Inside with flash…
Outside in natural light. The sun peeked out once or twice.
So, what do you think? Any must haves? I am going to get to the swatches as soon as possible. My niece is having her baby any day now, so it may be a few days before I can get them up but stay tuned!!
Check out Part 1 of my swatches and review HERE!!
Check out Part 2 of my swatches and review HERE!!
Well, there we have it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
The polish in this post is from my own collection and was purchased by me.
©2017 RealPolishFanatic / All Rights Reserved
If you like what you see,
please take a second to push the
“Like” button at the bottom of the post
and follow me so you never miss an entry!
About Me & My Blog
My blog is a beauty based blog, specifically about Nail Polish: Nail Polish swatches, Nail Polish comparisons, Nail Polish collections, my Manicure of the Day. All content and photos are my own property and cannot be used without my express written consent.
My name is Paula and I live in California right now with my hubby of many years and Chico my “baby”. You will see him featured periodically at the end of a post (the dog, not the hubby).🙂
I would love to hear from you!
4 thoughts on “Sneak Peek: OPI Holiday 2017 – XOXO Collection // Bottle Shots & Swatch Wheel”
So gorgeous. Especially ‘Feel the Chemis-tree’, ‘Sending You Holiday Hugs’ (it reminds me of my favourite ‘Bastille my heart’, just redder and warmer) and ‘Snow Glad I Met You’. Is the last one warm or cool toned? Is there a lot of white in it? Thank you a lot for the swatches 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi eve! By last one do you mean Wanna Wrap? I haven’t done the actual nail swatch yet but that seems to be a dark purple jelly, it doesn’t have any white in it. I think it will just look black on the nail though. I’m not the best at knowing warm to cool, but it seems to lean more cool I think.
Chemis-tree is one of my favorites along with Coalmates! I’m wearing Holiday Hugs right now, I’m about to take pictures of it. It’s so pretty! I don’t have Bastille, so I’m not sure how close they may be.
I’m working on my Part 2 today so will get that one done hopefully later or tomorrow.
Thank YOU for checking out my blog and commenting! I love comments! ♥
I also love ‘Coalmates’, but I have sooo many blues already ;D
LikeLiked by 1 person
You can never have too many blues!! 🙂