Hi everyone! Catrice Cosmetics is a brand from Europe that has not been available to those of us here in the USA, at least since swapping overseas has become so difficult. I have many Catrice polishes from back in the day that are so pretty and unusual.
Quite awhile ago I saw that Catrice Cosmetics had a US website for some of their makeup and I messaged them asking if they would ever bring any of their polish over and they said to keep watching. Quite a few months later I got an email that nail polish was available on their US website! I rushed right over to take a look (and place an order of course!). Mostly they have cremes available with one duochrome shimmer. They also have a few LE glitter polishes under the “Dazzle Bomb” then “Dazzle Nail Lacquer” headings under “Limited Editions”. These polishes are made in Luxembourg and are 10.5ml (ICONails) or France and they are 10ml (Dazzle Bomb).
So I picked out 6 polishes plus one of the Dazzle Glitters and a peel Off Basecoat to try out. You can find Catrice Cosmetics HERE for the US. I am not affiliated. Here are my picks.
Catrice has 34 colors available under the “ICONails Gel Lacquer” Here’s what the website has to say:
- Innovative gel nail polish formula enriched with acai oil to pamper nails and provide a high shine finish
- Highly pigmented lacquer easily applies in two coats with no streaking
- GLOSS SEAL’RTM technology provides chip resistance for 7 day wear without a top coat
These polishes are not light cured gels but rather just regular nail polish that is supposed to last longer than normal due to their GLOSS SEAL’RTM technology. Theirs even says you don’t need a topcoat for them to last up to 7 days! I haven’t tried them for longevity so I cannot speak to the lasting quality. Here are my choices without the square caps that remove for ease of painting…
After quickly swatching all of the polishes I bought I can say they are super pigmented and very smooth and easy to apply! Some could even be one coaters! I will show you below what the cremes look like with just one coat and also with two coats.
These have a wide round brush, which I personally love but may be too much for those of you with smaller nail beds. The Dazzle Bomb glitter had a smaller brush.
For my first order, I picked out the following:
- 18 Beetlejuice. A gray to purple duochrome. This is 2 coats on it’s own on top and 1 coat over black on the bottom.
- 21 Want To Be My Brightsmaid? A sheer milky white. This is 4 coats on my thumb.
- 32 Get Your Pink On. A bright pink creme. This is 2 coats on my index finger.
- 35 It’s A Berryful Day. A deep maroon creme. This is 2 coats on my middle finger.
- 34 For The Berry First Time. A dark raspberry creme. This is 2 coats on my ring finger.
- 43 Monkey Donkey. A dark taupe creme. This is 2 coats on my pinky finger.
- Limited Edition Dazzle Bomb in C01 Rose Quartz. A clear base with soft pink micro glitter and sparkly multi holo glitter. This is 2 coats on its own on op and 1 coat over black on the bottom.
- Glitter Peel Off Basecoat. This was very thick (and kind of stringy) but it went on really well and dried very quickly. After just about an hour it does peel off pretty well but not in one large piece but rather smaller bits. It did not do any damage to my nail. I don’t know how well this will last as I took it all off very soon after applying it.
Here are the 4 cremes with just 1 coat each. Photos are inside with flash…
Here they are with 2 coats plus topcoat, with flash…
Here is 1 coat of Beetlejuice over For The Berry First Time and Monkey Donkey. First with flash then without flash…
Here is the brush then 1 coat of Rose Quartz glitter over 4 coats of Want to Be My Brightsmaid (I love this combo!), with then without flash…
Here is 1 coat of Rose Quartz over Get Your Pink On and It’s A Berryful Day, photo with flash…
This is the brush on the Peel Off Basecoat. All the ICONails polishes have this same brush, nice and wide and rounded…
Here is Rose Quartz and Beetlejuice as layered above. First without flash then with flash…
I’m really impressed with these creme formulas! They glide on so easily and are so rich and pigmented. I really hope they expand the offering to include some pretty shimmers and other glitters!
Well, there we have it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
The polish in this post is from my own collection and was purchased by me.
©2018 RealPolishFanatic / All Rights Reserved
If you like what you see,
please take a second to push the
“Like” button at the bottom of the post
and follow me so you never miss an entry!
About Me & My Blog
My blog is a beauty based blog, specifically about Nail Polish: Nail Polish swatches, Nail Polish comparisons, Nail Polish collections, my Manicure of the Day. All content and photos are my own property and cannot be used without my express written consent.
My name is Paula and I live in California right now with my hubby of many years and Chico my “baby”. You will see him featured periodically at the end of a post (the dog, not the hubby).🙂
I would love to hear from you!