Hi everyone! Today I have a glimpse into the Fall 2019 collection from OPI! With a new puppy in the house I’m not sure when I will get these on my nails but I had to at least show off some bottle and swatch wheel photos!
I purchased this collection from PolishPick.com with a small blogger discount. They will be on sale there sometime today (July 1)!
There are 12 polishes in this collection. It’s not earth shattering in it’s originality, there are a lot of cremes and crellies but there is one stand out star in the collection! I will do my best to describe what I see.
My order came with this booklet from OPI talking about the Scotland Collection…
- OPI A little Guilt Under the Kilt – This is a classic, glowy, OPI red shimmer. They do these so well!
- OPI Boys Be Thistle-ing At Me – This is an aubergine purple with what appears to be a delicate sliver shimmer. It’s very pretty!
- OPI Edinburgh-er & Tatties – This is like a peachy sand colored creme. It’s a nice neutral. I had a hard time capturing this color in the swatch wheel photos.
- OPI Good Girls Gone Plaid – This is a deep purple crelly. It actually looks brown on my swatch wheel. It’s very dark.
- OPI Nessie Plays Hide & Sea-k – This is the star in my opinion. It’s a royal blue jelly with a strong green shimmer. It looks very sheer on my clear swatch wheel, I’m not sure what it will look like on the nail. My favorite! I had to add a second bottle shot of this one.
- OPI Nice Set Of Pipes – This is like a dusty denim blurple colored creme. I like the dustiness of it.
- OPI OPI Grabs the Unicorn by the Horn – This is a dusty sky blue (Wedgwood blue type) creme/crelly. Boy, this is a missed opportunity with a name like that! OPI could have done something fun and exciting but chose to make it a creme.
- OPI Red Heads Ahead – This is a nice, bright, tomato red creme/crelly.
- OPI Rub-A-Pub-Pub – This is a dark, kind of dusty gray creme.
- OPI Suzi Needs A Loch-smith – This is like a pumpkin orange colored creme. It is a great fall color! I love this one!
- OPI Things I’ve Seen In Aber-green – This is like a dark, mossy, grayed green creme.
- OPI You’ve Got That Glas-glow – This is like a dusty pinkish mauve creme. I like this color a lot too! This was another one that didn’t want to photograph very well in the swatch wheel photos.
Swatch wheel is in the same order as above (alphabetical).
Inside with flash…
Outside on an overcast day..
Inside the lightbox. First photo does not have flash the other 2 have additional flash…
There is the whole collection. What do you think? If you see anything that looks comparable, let me know in the comments and if I have it I will swatch them when I do my nail swatches.
Neroli wanted to see a comparison between Nessie Plays Hide & Sea-k (darker color) with OPI Sky’s My Limit. You can see these are not dupes. Sky is lighter and “chunkier”. The shimmer in Nessie seems to sink right into it. First photo is in the lightbox, second is with flash…
Ruth wanted to see what Nessie Plays Hide & Sea-k looked like over a few of the creme colors from this collection. It turns out Nessie is more opaque than my swatch wheel lets on, so it didn’t make much difference over any of them but the lightest blue, OPI Grabs the Unicorn.
This is Nessie Plays Hide & Sea-k over (in order) OPI Grabs the Unicorn, Nice Set of Pipes, Good Girls Gone Plaid, Rub A Pub Pub, Things I’ve Seen In Aber-green. I’ve left a stripe of the base color so you can see what it looks like. Photos are in the lightbox, then with flash…
Well, there we have it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
The polish in this post is from my own collection and was purchased by me.
©2019 RealPolishFanatic / All Rights Reserved
If you like what you see,
please take a second to push the
“Like” button at the bottom of the post
and follow me so you never miss an entry!
If you have a polish brand, I’d love to swatch and review for you! Send me an email rpf1968 (at) hotmail.com!
About Me & My Blog
My blog is a beauty based blog, specifically about Nail Polish: Nail Polish swatches, Nail Polish comparisons, Nail Polish collections, my Manicure of the Day. All content and photos are my own property and cannot be used without my express written consent.
My name is Paula and I live in California right now with my hubby of many years and my new Pomeranian puppy Gigi (@Gigi_intheOC).
I would love to hear from you!